Sunday, May 31, 2015

Malaria Nursing Diagnosis

I am glad for the journey we have had together as we studied about malaria for the last three months. It has been an enlightening moment for me and i believe it was the same for you the reader. Today's blog will be the last one in which i plan to discuss more about the nursing diagnosis that are most prioritized when attending to a sick patient with malaria.
To start off the main focus for our patient like we stated when i wrote about the symptoms is that they lack appetite and may end up becoming anorexic. This mainly is due to nausea and vomiting which is evident because they often throw up. This led me to prioritize my first nursing diagnosis as follows:

  1. Imbalanced Nutrition Less Than Body Requirements related to inadequate food intake; anorexia; nausea / vomiting. 
  2. Risk for infection related to decreased immune system; invasive procedure.
  3. Hyperthermia related to increased metabolism, dehydration, a direct effect on the hypothalamic circulation of germs.
  4. Impaired tissue perfusion related to a decrease in the cellular components needed for the delivery of oxygen and nutrients in the body.
  5. Knowledge deficient: the disease, prognosis and treatment needs related to lack of exposure / recall error interpretation of information, cognitive limitations.

Imbalanced Nutrition Less Than Body Requirements related to inadequate food intake; anorexia; nausea / vomiting
Related to
Plan and outcome
Nursing intervention
  • Inability to ingest foods
  • Inability to digest foods
  • Inability to absorb or metabolize foods
  • Inability to procure adequate amounts of food
  • Knowledge deficit
  • Unwillingness to eat
  • Increased metabolic needs caused by disease process or therapy
  • Patient or caregiver verbalizes and demonstrates selection of foods or meals that will achieve a cessation of weight loss.
  • Patient weighs within 10% of ideal body weight.

  • Consult dietitian for further assessment and recommendations regarding food preferences and nutritional support.
  • Suggest ways to assist patient with meals as needed: ensure a pleasant environment, facilitate proper position, and provide good oral hygiene and dentition.
  • Provide companionship during mealtime.
  • For patients with changes in sense of taste, encourage use of seasoning.
  • For hospitalized patients, encourage family to bring food from home as appropriate.
  • Suggest liquid drinks for supplemental nutrition.
  • Encourage exercise.
References

EHS: Nursing Diagnosis Care Plans, 4/e - Nutrition, Altered: Less than Body Requirements - Starvation; Weight Loss; Anorexia. (n.d.). Retrieved May 31, 2015, from http://www1.us.elsevierhealth.com/MERLIN/Gulanick/archive/Constructor/gulanick36.html



2 comments:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Riaria cured my herpes virus that have been in my body since two years, ever since then my life has been incomplete, I have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by doctors, but it didn't cure my herpes virus, i was checking for solution on the internet then I miraculously came across Dr. Riaria the powerful herbalist that  can cure herpes infection, then I contacted him through his email, I explained everything to him and he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me through FedEx, which I took for 14 days with the instruction he gave me, and when I did a test in the hospital my result came out negative it was the happiest day of my life that am cure from HSV 2,  are you also suffering from same virus or another diseases you can simply contact him via email: drriaria@gmail.com  you can also call or WhatsApp him on: +2349134987375.  

    ReplyDelete